FIFA World Cup 2010: Of Andrés Iniesta and late Dani Jarque

My intuition never fails me: I just won! I know lots of people who do sports bet would have been celebrating since yesterday, upon the winning of Spain. Countless online sports betting hubs are certainly in one with the success of FIFA World Cup 2010. My intuition was right, Spain won the championship. And that was what I felt upon knowing that the said team was battling against the Germans.

I did not know why I love Spain even before the FIFA World Cup 2010 officially opened. This is maybe because I’m a fan of Carles Puyol. Loads of work that I had to work on weekend should be blamed for not being able to watch the final match between Spain and Netherlands. It’s so frustrating. Thanks to ESPN; I was able to get a scoop earlier than print media, way ahead even from online sports news resources.

What’s interesting with the Spain’s winning is that Andrés Iniesta (we have never known until he confided) dedicating the game to Dani Jarque, a former central defender of the team. Upon tendering the winning strike, everyone was touched after seeing Iniesta wearing off his jersey to show off the words written on it. It says: “Dani Jarque seimpre con nosotros,” which means “Dani Jarque is always with us.”

No comments: